History Time Line
About Malvern Federal
Malvern Federal Savings Bank is a community bank dedicated to fulfilling the financial needs of the people and business throughout Chester County Pennsylvania and surrounding areas. Malvern Federal offers a complete range of products and services through its network of convenient Financial Centers.
Founded in 1887, Malvern Federal savings bank provides its customers with A Rewarding Banking Experience. Local loan and management decisions, award winning customer service and the latest in products and services help set Malvern Federal apart.
Our staff is actively involved and the bank readily supports efforts to better the communities we serve. This is not done for the recognition, but for the duty to give back, which is the hallmark of a true community bank. We’re strong enough to offer a wide variety of state of the art products and services, but small enough to become closely involved in the communities we serve.
Malvern Federal Milestones
- December 12, 1887 – Institution formed as Duffryn Mawr Building Association at King Street and Warren Avenue in Malvern.
- July 1938 – Institution moved to larger location on King Street in Malvern.
- January 1947 – Became member of the Federal Savings and Loan Insurance Corporation (FSLIC).
- December 1955 – Purchased property and relocated to 101 East King Street in Malvern.
- April 1956 – Changed name to Malvern Savings and Loan Association.
- October 1957 – Opened Paoli Financial Center. Moved bank administrative offices to Paoli.
- July 1960 – Converted to Federal Charter and became Malvern Federal Savings and Loan Association.
- November 1964 - Exton Financial Center opened.
- June 1969 – Merged with Paoli Building and Loan Association.
- June 1971 – Purchased ground and constructed present Malvern Financial Center at 100. W. King Street in Malvern.
- May 1979 – Coventry Financial Center opened.
- December 1990 – Changed charter and name to Malvern Federal Savings Bank. Deposits now insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- November 1994 – Lionville Financial Center opened.
- October 1999 – Purchased former bank building in Berwyn and relocated Berwyn Financial Center.
- September 2003 – Began construction on the Paoli Financial Center and new Administrative offices in Paoli.
- April 2004 –New Paoli Financial Center opened
- December 2004 – New administrative offices and headquarters opened.
- April 2005 – Westtown Financial Center opened.
- March 2008 – A Mutual Holding Company, Malvern Federal Bancorp, Inc is formed.
- May 2008 – Shares of Malvern Federal Bancorp commence trading on the NASDAQ market under the symbol MLVF.
- September 2010 - Concordville Financial Center opened.
- January 2012 - Bank begins year-long 125th Anniversary Celebration
- October 2012 - A new company is formed Malvern Bancorp, Inc